You are here: Home Prospective students Information for … Visa


Procedures in order to study in Germany

Students from EU or EFTA countries, as well as from Australia, Canada, Honduras, Israel, Japan, Monaco, New Zealand and the United States of America do not need a student visa.

Students of other nationalities must have a student visa. The visa must be obtained from the German embassy in the student's home country. If you wish to come to Germany to do a language course before the master course begins you can obtain an applicant's visa. To obtain a student visa you must have the official letter of acceptance from the university and provide proof that you have funding for your stay in Germany.

IMPORTANT: Do not in any case enter Germany with a tourist visa! For more detailed information about visa procedures and requirements, please refer to the DAAD website or Studying in Germany.